Shipping and Returns
To find out if you're eligible for free shipping, add your products to the checkout, enter your address and take a look at the shipping charge in your cart. Here’s an example of an order over $49 being shipped to a location that’s outside our free shipping area:
We'll calculate your shipping costs based on the size of the products you've ordered and where your order is being shipped.
Please note that there may be additional surcharges for bulky orders. Our staff will contact you after you have placed your order to discuss if this is the case.
One more thing - due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, Australia Post & Couriers Please has advised us that they're currently experiencing delays that could cause your order to arrive a little later than usual - in particular for customers living outside of Victoria.
If you're ordering food, litter or other essentials, please allow a few extra days on top of their usual delivery times for your order to arrive.
Take a look here for further updates:
Click and CollectWant to pick your order up from our Altona North, Burwood or Chirnside Park stores? No problem! Simply select the Click and Collect option during the checkout process and choose the store that's closest to you. There’s no further cost involved, and we’ll have your order ready to be picked up within 24 hours.
You’ll receive a confirmation email when your order’s ready to go. Just remember, you’ll need to bring proof of purchase and photo ID with you when you come to pick up your order.
Update - Habitat is now offering Zero Contact Click and Collect. Simply place your Click and Collect order, as usual. When you arrive to pick up your order, call us when you arrive at our store and our staff will bring your order out to you. You'll still need to show photo ID.
How long will it take for me to receive my order?
We’ll dispatch your order with Australia Post, TNT, Fastway or Couriers Please between two to five days after you place your order.
Please note that there are some rural areas of Australia where we're unable to offer delivery. If we're not able to send your package, we'll contact you after you've placed your order to let you know, so you can make alternate arrangements.
Naturally, we’ll endeavour to get your order to you as soon as we possibly can, however, please keep in mind that during busy periods, like Christmas and New Years, as well as during promotions, your order might take longer than usual to be dispatched.
DeliveryWe ship all our orders from our Burwood store. Once your order’s been dispatched, you’ll receive an email to let you know your parcel’s on the way, complete with tracking information so you can keep an eye on our order’s progress as it makes its way to you.
- For delivery to metropolitan Melbourne, Sydney, Canberra, Brisbane and Adelaide, please allow between 2 to 5 working days
- For other capital cities and regional New South Wales, Queensland and Victoria, expect your order within 2 to 7 working days
- For delivery to regional Western Australia, Tasmania, the Northern Territory and remote Queensland, please allow 5 to 10 working days
Can your couriers deliver my order when I’m not at home?Certainly. During the checkout process, just leave a short request for your delivery driver – like “Please leave my order unattended if I’m not home” - in the order comments section. Your order will be waiting for you and your pet when you get home.
However, please keep in mind that by choosing to leave your order unattended, it's possible that your package may be damaged or stolen. We are not responsible for your parcel once it's been delivered. By selecting this option, you're accepting that if something happens to your order, Habitat cannot replace your order, or offer you a refund.
Also, if you've requested to leave your order unattended and Australia Post's delivery driver deems your location unsafe or inaccessible, they may choose not to leave your order, and will instead take it to your local post office for collection.
Returns and ExchangesAt Habitat, we’re all about making you and your pet happy. In the event that you’re not completely satisfied your Habitat purchase, then we’re here to help.
If you've received the wrong product, a faulty product, or your order has been damaged in transit...
- Open your order as soon as it arrives, and if there are any issues, email email@example.com as soon as possible to let us know what's happened
- Include images showing any damage, and include your name and order number and we'll get back to you to let you know how to proceed
If you've received your order, but changed your mind...
- We don't offer exchanges for online orders, but if you've changed your mind about something you've ordered, you're welcome to return it to us for a refund within 14 days of receiving your order
- Email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know first, then send your products back to us at:
- Make sure you include a brief letter with the products you're returning that includes your name and order number
- You'll also need to ensure the product is in as new condition, and includes the packaging and any tags
- Once our team has assessed your return, we'll process a full refund in 3 - 5 business days so you can order a replacement product, if necessary
If you've purchased pet food online, but your pet doesn't like it...
- No problem. Most of the brands we sell are covered by our Palatability Guarantee. Click here to find out if you're eligible!